David J. Steingart, Partner
As a CPA and lawyer, Dave Steingart combines business experience with accounting and legal training to provide unique consulting services to businesses and individuals. He concentrates his practice in the areas of family-owned and closely-held businesses and their owners in the professional services, manufacturing, construction and sports industries.
In addition to providing professional advice and counseling, Dave is involved in the successful operations of a number of businesses. This experience enhances Dave’s ability to counsel other business owners and managers. Dave previously practiced accounting with KPMG, LLC and he was a shareholder in the law firm Briggs & Morgan, P.A.
Areas of Practice
- Business Transactions
- Entity Formation
- Tax Planning
- Tax Disputes
- Financial Planning
- Estate Planning
- Business and Strategic Planning
- Management Consulting
- Management Goal Formation and Implementation
- Management Transition and Succession Planning
Honors and Activities
- In 2012, Dave received the AV Preeminent Rating through peer review ratings conducted by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Dave was named “Super CPA” by the Twin Cities Business monthly magazine in 2000.
- Dave graduated with honors from Gustavus Adolphus College and the University of Minnesota Law School. He was a recipient of The Wall Street Journal award for his undergraduate studies and he was a Stone Scholarship recipient at the University of Minnesota Law School.
- In his younger years, Dave enjoyed playing hockey, football and baseball and coaching youth athletics when his children were involved. Dave now gets his exercise and enjoyment from playing competitive golf. He has competed at the state and national levels. He also advises professional golfers with their legal and financial matters.
- American Association of Attorneys and Certified Public Accountants
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountant
- American Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Gustavus Adolphus Collage, B.A., Magna Cum Laude (1980)
- University of Minnesota, Master of Business Taxation (1981)
- University of Minnesota, Juris Doctorate, Cum Laude (1984)